International Education Week is coming up, and Fort Hays State University, being the world ready institution that it is, will be hosting many activities to celebrate. Many of the international students on campus will have the opportunity to showcase their country, and all students have the chance to learn about countries other than their own.
On November 16th through November 19th there will be the following activities going on throughout the week on the FHSU campus and in the community:
- Reading at story time and craft activities for children at Tiger Tots.
- Classroom presentations are going to take place in area schools.
- Flags of represented countries and regions will be hanging in the Memorial Union.
- Internationally themed movies will be playing in the Residence Halls.
- International Student Art Display will be located in Dreiling Lobby of Sheridan Hall.
In addition to the week-long events, there will also be planned activities each day of the week.
Sunday, November 15th
- 7:30 Beach/Schmidt – Kay Werth Recital – An International Music Journey
Monday, November 16th
- Chinese themed cuisine served in McMindes Café
- 9:00 am Dreiling Lobby, Sheridan Hall -International Education Week Proclamation Signing, refreshments will be served
- 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Memorial Union Feature Wall – International Education Week resource table and buttons
- 1:30 to 3:00 Cody Commons – Create A Mug
Tuesday, November 17th
- Central American themed cuisine served in McMindes Cafe
- 3:00 pm Cody Commons – 2015 NAFSA Senator Paul Simon Campus Internationalization Presidential Panel; a live webcast panel discussion featuring leaders from Simon Award-winning institutions discussing their successes in campus internationalization.
- 7:00 pm McCartney Hall 301 – China Study Abroad Presentation with Lizette Alvarez, Spencer Delgado, and Carly McCracken
Wednesday, November 18th
- Mediterranean-themed cuisine served in McMindes Cafe
- 1:30 to 3:30 Sunset Lounge – Diversi-tea
Thursday, November 19th
- European themed cuisine served in McMindes Cafe
- 3:30 Prairie Room, Memorial Union – International Student Exchange Program/National Student Exchange informational meeting
Friday, November 20th
- African themed cuisine served in McMindes Cafe
International Student Services, International Student Union, Student Affairs Office, Memorial Union, Diversity Affairs, Chartwells, and Department of Music and Theater are proud to be sponsors for this week.