FHSU Sports Information Department
Fans will have plenty of reasons to come have fun at Lewis Field Stadium on Saturday (Oct. 31) when the Tigers host rival Nebraska-Kearney. The game will be televised on the MIAA Television Network, while plenty of Halloween activities will go on throughout the day and FHSU welcomes six new inductees to its Tiger Sports Hall of Fame. Get out to Lewis Field Stadium and show off your Halloween spirit on statewide television as the Tigers take on Nebraska-Kearney at 2:30 pm. Read below on how you can get free admission to the game!
- Students ages K-12 dressed in their Halloween costume will get in FREE
- Pumpkin Decorating/Design Contest from 10 am to kickoff outside of the East entrance at Lewis Field Stadium
- TRUNK OR TREAT at south end of stadium (Several cars will be parked inside the stadium along the south wall with candy filled trunks for people to come by and grab some candy!
- TRACTOR BOB at north end of stadium (Every time the Tigers score, Tractor Bob will shoot candy into the air at the north end of the stadium!)
Fort Hays State Student, Faculty, and Staff Promotions
- Fort Hays State students are encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes and as always, get in FREE with their Tiger Card.
- TIGER APPRECIATION DAY (Faculty and staff – show your Tiger Card at the gate and get 1 FREE ticket to the game!)
Tell your friends or family members from afar to look for you on TV Saturday. The game will be televised statewide on the MIAA Television Network. See the channel listings below.
|Channels That Carry MIAA TV Network Game of the Week|
|KSMO-TV (Kansas City) – 100% of KC’s DMA. Broadcast over the air on Channel 62. Check local cable/satellite programming guides for specific channel number.|
|Cox Channel KS – Channels 22 and 2022 (HD). There is also a replay on Saturday, Sept. 6 at 6:30 p.m. and Monday, Sept. 7 at 7 p.m.|
|Cox Oklahoma – Broadcast will be on a tape-delayed basis on Sunday, Sept. 6 at noon. On Channel 703 in Oklahoma City and Chanel 1333 in the Tulsa Market.|
|KGCS-TV (Joplin) – Broadcast over the air on channel 22. It will also be available on Channel 6 for CableOne subscriberts. Check other cable providers for availability/specific channel number.|
|News-Press NOW Channel (Northwest MO) – The News-Press NOW Channel is broadcast over the air on 26.2 and channel 3 and 603 (HD) on Suddenlink cable.|
|Eagle Communications (Western KS) – Channels 204 and 601 on Eagle Television. Channel 204 is in Eagle Digital package and 601 is in high definition.|
|Nex-Tech Television (Western KS) – Channels 109 and 609 on Nex-Tech Television. Channel 109 is in Nex-Tech’s Premiere package and 609 is in high definition|
Hall of Fame Inductees Honored at Halftime
Fort Hays State will be inducting six new members into its Tiger Sports Hall of Fame on Saturday morning. Following the morning’s induction ceremony, the inductees will be honored at halftime of the football game. Here are the newest members of the Hall of Fame being inducted on Saturday.
Jeff Bieker – Baseball (2003-05)
Jayme Eichner – Volleyball (2001-04)
Daryl Henning – Wrestling (1978-82)
Jim Montgomery – Track and Field (1952-55)
Vicki Thom Smith – Women’s Gymnastics (1981-85)
Ed & Donna Stehno – Contributors
Read more about each inductee at the following link…2015 Tiger Sports Hall of Fame Inductees.