“This is a great opportunity for the international students on the FHSU campus to showcase their country and for those who participate in these events and activities to learn about other countries,” said Marnie Kohl, administrative specialist for the International Student Service Office.
International Education Week events.
Monday, Nov. 17
· International Education Week proclamation signing at 9 a.m. in Dreiling Lobby in Sheridan Hall. Refreshments will be served after the signing.
· International Faculty Spotlight and Stereotype Awareness, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. by the Feature Wall, Memorial Union.
· National and international exchange information bulletin board in Forsyth Library.
· A display of international items in the Memorial Union and Forsyth Library all week.
· International Student Union will host presentations in the Hays community schools throughout the week.
· International-themed movies will be showed in the residence halls
Tuesday, Nov. 18
· International Trivia, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., in front of McMindes Hall Café.
· China Study Abroad presentation by student travelers at 5:30 p.m. in the Stouffer Lounge, Memorial Union.
· The first ever World Games from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Cunningham Hall, Gym 100.
Wednesday, Nov. 19
· Creation Station Handmade Bookmarks activity, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., in Cody Commons, Memorial Union.
Thursday, Nov. 20
· Food for Thought, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Feature Wall, Memorial Union.
· International Student Exchange Program/National Student Exchange information meeting, 3:30 p.m., Trails Room, Memorial Union.
(Calendar from the FHSU office of University Relations)
International Education Week is sponsored by International Student Services, Student Affairs, International Student Union, Memorial Union, University Activities Board, Chartwells and the Center for Student Involvement. For more information, call the office of International Student Services at 785-628-4276.